Another Kind of Magic

Those that follow me closely know my love and passion for acting and film. Over the past 10 years I've actively studied the ins and outs of film making, from acting to producing, editing and even directing.

In that time period I have found many close similarities that film and magic share. The main thing being story telling. If you're a magician and not just a person doing a trick then you will agree with me on this topic. If you're telling a story rather than just doing the trick you will achieve a much stronger connection to your audience.

I was once asked why I act. Acting not only allows me to express an idea I'm passionate about but also makes me the ultimate magician that people are much quicker to believe and accept than a conventional sleight of hand illusion magician.

With the advancement of technology and vast abundance and availability to information people are quick to discredit magic as fake. Uh duh! We all know that Superman can't fly and isn't real either, but people are willing and able to suspend disbelief of the story and characters much easier in a film. You never hear anyone yelling out at a theater "That's fake!" or go up the an actor after seeing their movie and say, "I know how you did that." It's just appreciated and applauded for the hard work that was put into creating the illusion.

So the point I'm getting to here is to share a film that I made starring my brother and good friend Antwan Towner. It's titled Smoke and I hope you enjoy all the hard work that went into bringing it to you.









Orlando Magician Kardenni
www.KARDENNI.com

ADD VIDEO HERE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magician gets heckled, read how he handles it.

Hocus Focus

Orlando Magician Misunderstood