**This blog is simply my interpretation of choice, not fact or exact science. I'm observing and reporting my perspective.** All the pain, sweat, tears and years of work can't stop me from doing something when it's worth it. That is what the project has been to me. Over the last three years, it's been the joy of my life and a pain in my ass. Illusion of Choice is a concept show for a live magic performance. A fun engaging experience meant to provoke the viewers subconscious and consider the weight a simple choice like buying vegetables or a gallon of ice cream. Why are you making this choice and are you really making it? All this blended into an interactive magic experience. It's a magic play, I call a magical ( Instead of a musical ). A story interpreted through drama and magic. Think about the last choice you made, which was to read this. Why did you do it? Why did someone else not read this? Which in turn raises millions of other questions. As more scienti...
What kind of cards do I use? I often get asked what kind of cards I use. My shows and performances are designed to use any type or style of playing card. To be honest, the shape and size don't even matter that much. I've used drink coasters, note cards, collectors cards and many other things in substitute for standard cards. Even an old beat up deck of cards with missing cards laying around someone's home has had the pleasure of my Midas touch. On a regular basis, I use Bicycle brand cards. They are the best quality for an affordable price. Affordability has to be key when using at least one or two new decks every day. I have a small collection of cards that have themed backs for those occasions where color coordination or style is necessary. Sometimes it's fun to be fancy. It's a wonderful feeling for me to open a new deck of cards and grasp it in mechanics grip, molding them to my hands preparing them for a performance like a gymnast chalking his or her h...
Don't tell me how to live my life! Photographer: unknown | Event: Tampa Bay Woman of the Year I'm known to be and consider myself a pretty calm person. It takes quite a lot to get me riled up and angry, hostile, or defensive. The story I'm about to share would make someone think otherwise. I share this story because, one, in hindsight, it's a little funny. Two, I learned something from this experience. Finally, I think it addresses a global/cultural problem. The problem is trust. We are losing it for each other very fast. Working as a magician for two decades has birthed a precise way of working in me. I feel that after this much time of doing something, a person is somewhat of an expert at that thing. I am in no way saying that there is no room for learning. The older I get, the more I try to learn. There are two ways that I present a magical experience. I perform on a stage or do close-up magic in a crowd. This story will focus on an occasion when I did a close-...
Comments